Admissions & Referrals
If your child is in immediate danger of harming themselves or others, please contact 911 for immediate assistance. Once your child is in a safe location, feel free to contact us.
Midwest Center for Youth and Families understands how hard it is for families who are faced with the task of finding treatment for their child. We want to make sure that we are the right fit for you and your loved one. For admission to our program we look for the following:
- Ages 10 to 20, males and females
- Emotional, behavioral or psychiatric challenges which impacts your youth’s functioning in the home, school and community
- History of past treatment, which may include acute/inpatient and/or outpatient treatment
- IQ of 75 and above
When doing an assessment our Intake Department’s goal is to gather as much information as needed to fully understand each child’s needs. Information requested will likely include recent treatment history, testing or evaluations that have been completed and a list of currently prescribed medications.
- Assessments are always free and confidential to parents and referral sources. They are typically completed Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. CST
- Mobile assessments can be provided to hospital referral sources upon request on a case-by-case basis
- Arrangements for transportation to our facility can be made upon admission if needed to ensure the safety of your child
Treatment funding can include: Private Insurance, Indiana Medicaid and self-pay.
To make a referral, schedule a free phone assessment or schedule a tour, please contact our Intake Department at: