DBT Residential Services
Midwest Center for Youth and Families’ residential Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Treatment Program helps children, adolescents and young adults create a life that’s worth living. We realize that each youth that enters our therapeutic residential program is unique in their strengths, needs, wants and desires—and because of that—we understand that each resident’s definition of a “life worth living” will be just as unique as the youth themselves. Our goal is to utilize our experience, knowledge and DBT treatment skills to help each resident identify who they are and where they want to be on their journey to recovery when they leave our facility.
“It was not easy to leave our daughter with a total group of strangers in a strange city. But we were impressed by how the admissions and clinical staff were able to work with our daughter with both compassion and firmness. We’re so grateful we found your program.”
Our Residential DBT Treatment Program
While the approach and implementation of our full-immersion DBT program may be adapted for the age and sex of the youth served, each of the following is part of each resident’s treatment:
- Your child will be immersed in a youth-centered, validating, supportive and therapeutic environment where DBT-trained staff will work daily with your child to teach, coach and give them feedback on their progress in using the DBT skills and achieving their treatment goals.
- The highly structured DBT treatment programming allows each individual to learn and build upon the core DBT skills.
- We complete a comprehensive emotional, physical, intellectual, social and psychiatric needs assessment and evaluation for every individual admitted to our program.
- Your child has an individualized treatment plan developed just for them—one that is geared to their unique strengths, attributes, diagnosis, and needs.
- A multiple-disciplinary treatment team will plan, provide and evaluate your child’s treatment and progress, in coordination with the resident, family and referral source.
- Your child will benefit from the regularly scheduled therapeutic program on every unit:
- Weekly individual therapy
- Substance abuse treatment for youth who require education regarding substance use and its impact on their mental health
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication monitoring
- Daily, specialized, age-appropriate and gender-focused group therapy
- Weekly family therapy
- Activity groups using Music, Art, Teambuilding, Ropes Course and Pet Therapy
- Our family-inclusive DBT treatment program requires and provides for family education, participation and visitation with their child.
- Licensed nursing staff are present on every unit, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to give oversight and medical support to your child.
- Ongoing, year-round, core curriculum education for the primary and secondary grades provided by licensed teachers in our on-grounds, accredited school.
- Our locked and secured residential units provide a safe environment for your child.
- A nutrition screening and meal plan is developed for all residents by a licensed dietician.
- Community-based recreational activities and outings planned and organized by a Recreational Therapist allow your child to practice newly learned DBT skills in a natural setting.
- Services are designed and implemented in a culturally sensitive framework to acknowledge and honor differences among individuals, families and communities.